Home Forums The Hope-Makers Forum The Hope-Makers Forum: Let’s get to know each other

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the forum!

To help us better understand your business and your needs please respond with the following information:

• Name
    • Business type and purpose (include social media links so we can see more about what you do)
    • Two things you need support with in relation to your business or life more generally.
    • Who is your business hero?
    • What was the last thing you read that helped you?
    Erica Bowen
    Participant

Hi! I’m Erica Bowen – host of The Hope-Makers Forum, and The Hope-Makers podcast. I am a Forensic and Coaching Psychologist by training and after 20 years working very successfully as an academic, I decided that I needed to focus my work more directly on helping people. I do this through 121 and group coaching, team coaching, my podcast and this forum. I am passionate about making the world a better place, and feel that by supporting others to do the same we might just do it!

I have learned many lessons regarding finding my purpose and creating a life that is both aligned and balanced, and as much as I know I am passionate about my mission, I know even better that this cannot be pursued at any cost. I have battled depression and anxiety at different points in my life, but having created a business that is centered on my personal mission I currently have neither and intend to keep it that way.

I have learned a huge amount from Cathy Heller-Reinstein, in particular the importance of purpose and empathy, and I will endeavour to bring both of these to the leadership of this forum. I read lots, all the time, and have found Atomic Habits by James Clear to be very useful when creating daily routines and habits; The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris great for dealing with anxiety, and Don’t Keep Your Day Job by Cathy Heller great general inspiration!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top